Role: Research & Insight Lead
Location: London / Home/ Flexible
Contract: Full time & permanent
Salary: £35-£49k p.a.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone special to join us and lead on the delivery of all Massive’s research, insight and testing activity. A key role in the business you will become our ‘in-house’ research, insight and testing expert, helping us to put the individual in the crowd at the heart of all we do. You’ll uncover how people, think, feel and behave and what motivates, excites and inspires them to take part in events. Then help us use that insight to design, develop and deliver great events and campaigns. You’ll oversee our owned research projects and work with teams across the business to ensure we keep on top of trends and share our expertise with others.
Who we are
We’re a fast growing mass participation events agency who specialise in designing, developing, and delivering experiences that bring people together to do amazing things. We believe in the power of shared experiences to excite, engage and inspire people like nothing else. And wrk with charities, brands, and events owners to help harness that power, and use it to change the way the people think, feel and behave towards their brand. Since we formed in 2013, we have grown turnover each year. We’re proud to say that we kept that trend up through COVID, held on to our team and are now investing in and growing the team from 16 to 21 to underpin the next stage of growth for the agency. We deliver events and consultancy projects both in the UK and internationally and our current and past clients include Macmillan Cancer Support, Formula 1, Patagonia, Cancer Council NSW, Nike, NSPCC, WWF, London Marathon, BBC, Aldi, KPMG, Mind and parkrun.
• Lead on the delivery of all Massive’s research, insight and testing activity.
• Recommend and deliver on research methodologies, approaches and strategies to uncover relevant and usable insight.
Insight / Research
• Manage planning, delivery and analysis of qualitative research including writing proposals, budgeting, recruitment, discussion guide creation, fieldwork and evaluation
• Manage planning, delivery and analysis of quantitative research, including survey writing and data interpretation. You will also identify and use the relevant tools, and work with specialist suppliers where more complex quantitative research is required
• Recommend approaches to test ideas, audience assumptions and creative executions to help us make the best possible decision and recommendations
• Undertake and support others to conduct desk-based research projects • Create reports and present your findings to clients and project teams etc.
• Oversee delivery of our Top 25, Sports & Virtual Fundraising reports
• Develop new reports to support our position as experts in mass participation
• Identify new ways to organise and exploit the data we hold to better serve our clients, work more efficiently, and share our expertise and insight more widely
• Be an active part of creative and strategy sessions, representing the audience insight you have uncovered
• Be part of teams working on proposals, responses to briefs and pitches for work from new and existing clients
• Liaise with clients to manage research projects, recruit participants, get data and set expectations
• Set and mange budgets and timelines to ensure projects stay on track and on budget
• Work with and oversee freelancers, suppliers, recruiters and partner agencies supporting our work
• Actively share our insight with the wider team and beyond at conferences, webinars etc. (if you’re not confident as a public speaker currently we’ll support and train you to improve)
• Work alongside colleagues to spot new opportunities, help win business and offer more value to our existing clients
• Be an active part of the overall team at Massive, supporting on projects across the business, thinking beyond your immediate area, attending events and ensuring we can all deliver great work
• A keen interest in understanding what motivates people and a commitment to audience-centred design
• Not-for-profit or commercial sector experience of delivering research projects
• Experience of planning and delivering quantitative and qualitative research and communicating insight to a range of different audiences
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritise, stay calm, organised and on top of deadlines
Email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Laura firstname.lastname@example.org