Who we are
Think of your experience at the best event you ever went to, can you remember how it made you feel?
We believe that shared experiences have the power to excite, engage and influence individuals like nothing else. That’s why we specialise in designing, developing and delivering experiences that bring people together. On a massive scale.
We work with charities, brands and events owners globally to help them harness that power, and use it to change the way the people they want to connect with think, feel and behave towards their brand
Working as a member of a number of our project teams designing, developing and delivering events in the UK and Overseas. Supporting project teams across the business by:
- Providing general project admin
- Updating and creating relevant documentation as required
- Liaising with suppliers – obtaining quotes, liaising with & briefing suppliers
- Recruiting and briefing event staff & crew
- Assisting in maintaining equipment, stock and warehouse operations
Using and updating our project management and other software packages
- Being part of our team delivering events and client facing work
- Working at our warehouse and onsite at events
- Installing equipment and infrastructure at events
- Being part of our creative idea development sessions
Fulfilling customer facing roles at our events
- Taking responsibility for tasks delegated as part of project plans
- Supporting and contributing to organising our work socials
Work will be from our office in Central London and our Warehouse in Ware Hertfordshire and at events with flexibility around home working
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- University degree or experience of working or volunteering at an event or charity
- Experience of being part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Competence in IT
- An interest in events
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to work at outdoor events and undertake physically demanding work
How we support you
- We will assign each person a mentor and a line manager
- Support them to plan their work and track progress against objectives through a weekly 1:1 meeting and monthly review meeting.
- Work with each person to produce and action a personal development plan which is reviewed on a monthly basis
- Provide training and other support to deliver on the development plan
- Move them around teams so they get exposure to different types of work, develop a wider range of skills and have exposure to a range of clients
- Provide support to find full time work at the end of the scheme
The placement will be
- 25 Hours a week
- Standard office hours with some weekend and evening working when supporting the team at events
- Hourly rate of pay – £10 per hour plus phone allowance
How to apply
To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must be unemployed and in receipt of Universal Credit.
If you would like to apply, please visit your local Job Centre and speak to your employment coach. They will talk you through the opportunity and refer you to apply at our online portal where we ask you to upload your CV and cover letter.
Please do not apply directly; to be eligible you must be referred via the Job Centre.
More about the Kickstart Scheme
You can find out more about the scheme on the Government website
We look forward to hearing from you.