Job title: Director (Strategy, Innovation & Marketing)
Reports to: Partner
Location: Flexible /Home / London Office
Who we are
We believe in the power of shared experiences to excite, engage and inspire people like nothing else. That’s why we specialise in designing, developing, and delivering experiences that bring people together to do amazing things. We work with charities, brands, and events owners to help harness that power, and use it to change the way the people think, feel and behave towards their brand. Since we formed in 2013, we have grown turnover each year. We’re proud to say that we kept that trend up through COVID, held on to our team and are now investing in and growing the team from 16 to 21 to underpin the next stage of growth for the agency. We deliver events and consultancy projects both in the UK and internationally and our current and past clients include Macmillan Cancer Support, Formula 1, Patagonia, Cancer Council NSW, Nike, NSPCC, WWF, London Marathon, BBC, Aldi, KPMG, Mind and parkrun.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone ambitious, entrepreneurial and well, just nice You’ll understand what underpins and drives the most successful mass events and campaigns and have a track record of developing and marketing a successful campaign You’ll work with our clients to solve problems, identify opportunities, answer big questions, develop new events and campaigns, and find and implement solutions that deliver results. You’ll be responsible for leading, challenging and developing your team and ensuring our thinking and approach stays fresh across the business. Bringing your expertise around marketing and product development to relevant projects and leading from the front on our biggest and most significant projects. You’ll also be part of the overall agency management team, involved in shaping and driving the direction, ways of working and future success of the business.
Manage and lead the team responsible for delivering all of Massive’s strategy, innovation, insight and marketing projects.
To – Design, develop and deliver new events and campaigns
- Better understand clients existing and potential audiences
- Identify new opportunities
- Improve performance
- Chose the right strategy for growth
- Ensure we always deliver high quality work that exceeds clients’ expectations and delivers on our position as the experts in mass participation.
- Oversee and be part of project teams, sprints, workshops, meetings, client presentations etc
- Briefing media, creative and platform delivery with relevant agencies and freelancers.
- Collaborating across the business to support our flexible / flat project team structure and ensure we work as one team.
- Working with colleagues to devise approaches and responses to briefs
- Leading and be part of pitch teams that win new business
- Building great relationships with existing and potential clients so we feel part of their team.
- Staying up to date with trends, innovations and ideas that can improve our offer to clients
- Proactively identify opportunities for our existing clients to get more out of events and spotting new opportunities
- Line management of the team
- Managing financial and overall performance of the team
- Managing resource, scheduling and relationship with our pool of freelancers
- Positively representing the whole team at Massive and all the work we do, sharing our thinking, work and views at events, webinars etc.
- Working as part of the senior management team to support the development and delivery of the overall business and our growth plans.
- A love of mass participation events
- A track record of successful management of marketing, innovation or strategic development of events or campaigns.
- Proven experience of transforming performance and delivering growth of events or campaigns
- Strong project and people management, leadership and influencing skills
- The gravitas to hold and manage senior level relationships with clients and develop great relationships
- Ambition, you are always looking for new opportunities to grow our own and our client’s business.
- A strategic, entrepreneurial, and ambitious mindset and above all else the ability to work collaboratively and in partnership with others
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Profit Share Annual leave
- 20 days
- extended Xmas break
- Public holidays Flexible working
- Central London
- Office Applications
If you’re a great fit, please send your CV and cover letter to:
- For an informal conversation about the role contact John Tasker: firstname.lastname@example.org